Click on recipe link above and see Matt creating this recipe on the Food Network!
4-6 large roasted and peeled green chile or poblano
4 eggs separated
Block Cheese (Colby, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, etc(
1. Beat egg whites stiff; add 1/4 teaspoon salt after whites get foamy. Beat until they have formed double peaks.
2. Hand whisk egg yolks until bright yellow and thick.
3. Add yolks to the whites, then add 2 tbsp. corn starch and 2 tbsp. all purpose flour.
4. Gently whisk together until completely blended.
5. Remove stems and seed cavity from roasted chile or poblano.
6. Place a piece of cut cheese 1/4 inch thick and 1/2 inch wide into chile
7. Arrange rellenos on a plate, sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and dust flour liberally on both sides. Shake off excess flour.
8. In a 10 inch skillet, heat 1/2 inch deep oil to 330 degrees.
9. Dip relleno in batter, cook both sides to a deep golden brown, turning twice.
ROMERO FARMS RED CHILE CON CARNE
Place chiles in large pot and cover with water. Boil for 20 minutes with lid on. Turn off and allow to soak for 10 minutes more. Remove chiles from water and place in blender with two cups of cooking liquid. Puree until smooth. Brown ground meat in thick bottom 6 quart Dutch oven. Cook an additional 5 minutes. Add pureed chiles and four cups of water. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with fresh beans and tortillas. Enjoy!
3 lbs. thinly sliced, peeled kohlrabi
16 oz. heavy cream
3 oz. Parmesan Cheese; shredded fine
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. black pepper
¼ cup bread crumbs
Sweet onion, any color, diced
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl tossed to combine well. Layer evenly into a 8×16 Pyrex or heavy glass baking dish. If it appears to lack moisture, pour a small amount of cream. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs. Top with foil shiny side toward food, seal and bake for 2 hours at 400 degrees. Remove and allow to cool 30 minutes before removing foil and cutting.